PRENATAL CLASSES WITH HESED BIRTH
If you’re looking for modern prenatal classes, evidence informed childbirth education, and practical birth prep workshops, look no further.
Hesed Birth has it all.
Our live-virtual mini-workshops are open to anyone anywhere, and we also offer in-person group prenatal classes as well as self-paced online prenatal classes. Our birth classes are designed to:
- calm your nerves
- ease your fears
- answer your questions
- tell it straight
- increase your confidence
- provide you with empowering knowledge
- teach you helpful skills
- get you ready to birth
- grow your resilience
- and prepare you for life with your baby!
Our prenatal classes and workshops are based on our years of experience as birth professionals, on fascinating birth research, and on the many families who have shared their journeys of pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum with us.
We would be honoured to be a part of your journey too.
Why should I take prenatal classes from Hesed?
Great question. It’s true that you have a lot of options for prenatal classes, and we want you to find the best fit for you.
Hesed is for you if:
- you want to get past the fluff and superficiality of pregnancy/baby world and dig a little deeper into the meaning of childbirth and explore the how, the why, and the why not?
- you recognize that having a baby is deeply transformational, and you want instructors who get it – that this is sacred, a rite of passage, the birth of a new family, the making of YOU
- you want to be treated like the intelligent, informed individual that you are. You’ve done your research and are ready for some real talk about the realities of birth and postpartum
- you are not the passive type. You are proactive and think things through in advance. You like to have both knowledge AND practical skills AND mental strategies to make your birth experience better as it is unfolding
- you are curious, open, and willing to explore new or surprising ideas that have the potential to revolutionize your birth
- you want the benefit from learning from a team of birth educators who bring knowledge and experience from other healthcare related spaces (namely psychotherapy, pelvic health physiotherapy, labour and delivery nursing, and more)
How do your live virtual workshops work?
The way modern parents learn about birth is evolving. They have tons of info at their fingertips through google. And they also have full schedules and can’t commit spending an entire weekend at a prenatal class. In traditional prenatal classes, there often isn’t a lot of time to get into the nitty-gritty of a specific topic.
We totally get it because we’re in the same boat!
So we designed prenatal workshops as an alternative option. These mini workshops feature birth topics that are worth doing a deep dive on. We focus on one topic per workshop.
They are accessible to all via the internet, and they’re live-virtual so you can still interact and get your questions answered.
Once you register for a mini workshop, you’ll get an email with a link to connect, and a list of what you need to bring to the workshop.
Mini workshops are 60-90 minutes of interactive learning, followed by Q & A.
Do you take a specific approach to your prenatal classes or teach specific methods?
The short answer is no, we don’t.
The long answer is that we do have training and certification in a number of different approaches. They all have their place and contribute something important. So we take from the best of all those approaches.
Ultimately we believe that birth is both an art and a science. It is “both-and” not “either-or”. It can and does look different for every single family. There is no script to follow or storyline to conform to.
We hope that our prenatal classes will give you the freedom to approach birth with an open mind and heart. Our goal is to equip you with multiple tools for your head, hearts and hands that will help you birth bravely, no matter what comes.
When should I take a prenatal class or mini workshop?
Most parents like to attend sometime in the 2nd trimester – and that makes sense to us too. That way you’ll still have some time to put your learning into practice.
However, it’s never too late or too early. So don’t let that stop you.
What do you cover in your workshops and prenatal classes?
We cover a quite a bit in our in person and online prenatal classes – all the things you absolutely need to know and then some. However, we still find ourselves wishing we could do a whole week of extra teaching becasue there’s so much that we don’t have time to do a deep dive on. That’s where mini workshops come in. If you sign up for a mini workshop, you’ll learn more things like:
- Psycho-social-emotional elements of birthing
- Postpartum prep and recovery
- Breastfeeding and infant feeding
- Parenting, relationships, and sexuality postpartum
- Newborn care
- Neuroscience of pain
- Pelvic biomechanics for birth
- Pelvic floor health during pregnancy and birth
- Perinatal mental health
- So much more.
Who can I bring with me?
When you register for in-person prenatal classes or mini workshops, you are reserving a space for two people. Feel free to bring whomever you want. Ideally this person would be your birth partner or someone who will be journeying with you during childbirth. You can also bring a friend or family member. If you come on your own, that is completely fine as well.